White Bean Chili – Tracy W.
2 large onions
1/3-cup flour
4 cups chicken broth (two cans is what I use)
4 (4 oz.) cans green chilies
3 cups half and half (I just use the whole carton) (fat free is an option I have not tried)
3 (15 oz.) cans small white beans (drained)
4 cups shredded cooked chicken (about 5 breasts)
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1 Tablespoon Tabasco
1 Tablespoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 Cups Jack cheese
1 Cup sour cream
Chunky Salsa, Cilantro, blue tortilla chips on top
Simmer chopped onions in 6 T. spoons butter (you could use less). Add flour.
Add broth; cook until thickened. Add all but cheese and sour cream. Let simmer for 20 minutes (I never do this, no time). Add cheese and sour cream, just till melted. Serve.
This makes a lot. It does freeze well. (really, you should freeze half unless you are feeding a crowd. I would say this serves 20)
7 Back-To-School Cakes That Shall Not Pass
5 hours ago
1 comment:
I made this soup last week and it was so good! Everyone (kids included) loved it! It was so good.
Post a Comment