Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas - Lori S.
1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded (you can use a rotisserie chicken, too)
Mix together:
1/3 c honey
1/4 c lime juice
1 Tb chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Mix together the honey, lime juice, chili powder and garlic powder. Add the shredded chicken to this mixture and let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or an hour.
2 (10 oz) cans green enchilada sauce
½ cup to 1 cup cream or half and half or milk (I used fat free half and half)
Mix the cream or milk into the green enchilada sauce.
2-3 cups shredded cheese (I used Monterey jack)
Tortillas (I used corn tortillas – you will need at least 12 corn tortillas, maybe more)
I wrapped the corn tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwaved them to soften them.
Assembly –
Pour ½ cup to 1 cup of the enchilada/cream sauce into a large baking pan (9 x 13)
Put a few spoonfuls of the seasoned chicken mixture onto each tortilla, top with a little shredded cheese. Roll up each tortilla and place into the pan. When the pan is full, pour remaining enchilada sauce on top and add a little more shredded cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
7 Back-To-School Cakes That Shall Not Pass
5 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment