Friday, May 22, 2009

More Recipes Coming Soon

So, it's been a little while since we've updated with new recipes. We are hoping to have another cooking club in June. I added a few new links to cooking sites. Taste Spotting, Rookie Cookie, and Hobble Creek Kitchen. If you have a favorite cooking site/ blog, leave a comment.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

This is from Jenny in my ward

I received a berry order in the mail a little while ago so I thought I would open it up to the ward.
The deadline to turn in the orders for summer delivery is June 30th. So if you want to participate I need your order form and money by JUNE 22nd.

The fruit comes from Bithell Farms in Oregon. They come individually quick frozen in a #14 box. The lady told me that each box holds 14 lbs. of fruit. I don't remeber the measurements. Or you can by berry puree. If I remember correctly it also weighs 14 lbs, and it comes in a tub about the size of the value pack of ice cream that you can get at Albertsons. It may be a little bigger. I've bought boxes of berries before and if I remember correctly it makes 5 baatches of jam with a few left over.

If our order has ten items or more, everyone gets a $3 discount for eac fruit or case of freezer jam ordered and a $2 discount on the sample pack of freezer jam. If we have 25 items in our order we can have them drop it off at my house, otherwise I have to go where they tell me. Last time I had to be to in Castiac at the same time my kids were getting out of school. It was a pain. So it would be nice if we could get 25 items. The berries last a long time in the freezer, if it doesn't get left open, and they make great cooked jam.

Here are the choices:
Blackberries- $37
Raspberries-$49
Blueberries-$37
Strawberries sliced w/sugar -$31
Whole Straberries-$37
Loganberries-$37
Pie Cherries _$37
Dark Sweet Cherries-$39
Peaches- $37
Apricots-$37
Apples -$31
Rhubard-$31

PureeBlackberry-$37
Puree Raspberry-$49
Puree Boysenberry -$37
Puree Strawberr-$37
Puree Loganberry-$37

Freezer Jam Gift Pack-$21
Freezer Jam Case-$38 comes Blackberry, Raspberry, Boysenberry, Blueberry, Strawberry, or
Loganberry

These prices are all before the discount. Deliveries begin the July 7th and go until the first week of September. We won't know the delivery date until after the order is placed and they know all the places they need to go.